Why is Sex Fun? is the best book on the subject I've read. This lively exploration of our sexual heritage offers fascinating reading for anyone curious about why lovers do what they do.
љDiane Ackerman, author of A Natural History of the Senses
I am so jealous of Jared Diamond, for he writes with such an elegant simplicity! Here, he takes a loot at the endlessly fascinating topic of human sexuality His convincing arguments should persuade xm that there are very special reasons why we evolved to use sex for recreation as well as for procreatim whereas most other mammals are denied that pleasure &. It is a great little book, by one of the worlds foremost biological philosophers.
љRoger Shohl, Professor of Physiology Monash University Australia
Once again Jared Diamond provides us with answers to questions we may never have stopped to ask, but wish we had. In this long essay Diamond explains that recreational sex, while not unique to humans, is a rare behavior in the animal world. Above all, we learn, sexual activity divorced fron procreation is not only part of what it is to be human, but the very crux of our evolutionary success.
љBettyaxn Kevles, author of Naked to the Bonn Medical Imaging in the Twentieth Century
hide Table of Contents
- Jared Mason Diamond Why is sex fun?
- CHAPTER 1. THE ANIMAL WITH THE WEIRDEST SEX LIFE
- CHAPTER 2. THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES
- CHAPTER 3. WHY DONT MEN BREAST-FEED THEIR BABIES?: The Non-Evolution of Male Lactation
- CHAPTER 4. WRONG TIME FOR LOVE: The Evolution of Recreational Sex
- CHAPTER 5. WHAT ARE MEN GOOD FOR? The Evolution of Mens Roles
- CHAPTER 6. MAKING MORE BY MAKING LESS: The Evolution of Female Menopause
- CHAPTER 7. TRUTH IN ADVERTISING: The Evolution of Body Signals
- FURTHER READING
- SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES